Digital PBX Service provides a high-speed DS1 (T1) connection between your PBX and the MetTel network, offering a cost-competitive alternative to analog PBX service. It allows you to configure twenty-four (24) voice channels to provide inbound, outbound or two-way trunks in software, rather than requiring labor-intensive hardware changes to your PBX. Digital PBX enables your company to adapt to changes in your communications requirements quickly, transparently and cost-effectively.
- Inbound Trunks allow every department and employee to receive calls directly, without the need for an attendant console.
- Outbound Trunks allow each individual in your business to dial outside numbers from their own phone, without having to go through an attendant console.
- Two-way Trunks allow both inbound and outbound calls: outside lines can be dialed directly, while inbound calls are routed to a particular station.
- Includes a cost-effective, robust disaster recovery/back-up solution
Benefits and Applications:
- Increases productivity by using existing infrastructure to enable all digital voice applications
- Dynamically allocates channels by adapting to changes in traffic patterns, increasing trunking efficiency by up to 30% and reducing total trunks required
- Eliminates expensive DID analog trunks
- Leverages advanced features to support call center applications or extend the life of an existing PBX, reducing call set-up and connection time by up to 90 percent