Suncoast Hospice, now a member of Empath Health, an integrated network of care, came to MetTel with a unique set of challenges. Suncoast needed to get their field workforce off of 1,000+ BlackBerry devices linked to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and onto 4G LTE Android devices. With safety as a priority, Suncoast also sought to eliminate the service interruption common with their existing carrier, while ensuring a secure and compliant solution. Suncoast had a short period of time to deploy a new mobile solution.
- Security – no full-featured Mobile Device Management (MDM) in place
- Required HIPAA Compliance
- Insufficient and unreliable coverage from the existing carrier
- Room for cost improvement
- Better customer care desired
- Poor local representation and support
- Sufficient time needed for mobile technology upgrade
Decommissioning the BES server, MetTel upgraded Suncoast’s devices to an Android 4G LTE fleet while building a secured mobile environment. With MDM now in place, MetTel trained and structured a support team for the deployment with a 24/7 dedicated help-desk and on-site assistance. To address coverage gaps linked to reliability, MetTel installed network enhancers in buildings, eliminating service disruption. The conversion process was completed within 60 days, and Suncoast had a new plan optimized to achieve savings with superior AT&T backed service.
- Security – MDM environment built
- HIPAA Compliant solutions implemented
- Coverage improved with AT&T service, and in-building network enhancers
- Plan optimized to achieve savings
- Blackberry devices swapped for Android 4G LTE fleet
- 24/7 dedicated help-desk and VIP Support
- On-site personnel positioned
- Total conversion completed successfully within 60 days
MetTel has built a brand revolving around customization and unique requirements. In dealing with clients coming from a diverse set of industries, MetTel’s strength is in adjusting and adapting at a rapid pace. Suncoast posed a unique set of challenges to meet timeline and security demands. MetTel managed to deploy AT&T end-user devices and Mobile Device Management to ensure compliance and security.
MetTel successfully addressed Suncoast’s immediate needs while laying a foundation for future rollouts and product deployments. With additional benefits such as savings, improved coverage, enhanced security and superior customer care, MetTel has quickly become the one-stop-shop for Suncoast’s communication needs.