2021 will go down as another year to remember – for many reasons. Many thought we would finally exit the pandemic, only to see the emergence of new variants, once again finding change as the only constant in our daily lives. Learning to adapt and navigate trends like the hybrid workplace, the “Great Resignation” and an accelerated interest in digital transformation. We learned the importance of maintaining a resilient culture and a mindset focused on continuous adaptation. In its 25th year, MetTel was able to help many of our customers and partners help make sense of these changes and others, using and offering transformative solutions from AI and SASE to Mobile Device as a Service and POTS Transformation to help future-proof their businesses against whatever the new year may bring. As our credentials as two-time Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Network Services attests, MetTel’s ability to help other companies navigate these complex environments and map to the future with confidence is unparalleled. No matter what 2022 may bring, MetTel and our clients are prepared for success.
We are the Champions again! MetTel Managed Network Services Recognized as 2x Gartner Leader
Proving MetTel is here to stay, the company was named in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Network Services for the second consecutive year. As the only US-based company in the Leader quadrant, MetTel scored highly for “Ability Execute” and “Completeness of Vision.” While competitors struggled during the pandemic, MetTel continues to come to the rescue of clients and thrive in chaotic and challenging market conditions.
MetTel’s Humble Beginnings: How a Wall Street Trader Built a Successful Telecom Services Business
Reflecting on 25 years of building the company, MetTel CEO Marshall Aronow and COO Andoni Economou were profiled in a Forbes feature on how they were able to successfully build the company from a small hotel operation reselling residential services, to one that now serves many of the largest commercial and federal customers around the world. One thing that has never changed: MetTel’s deep commitment to solving client problems and how a fully managed service can simplify and automate enterprise communications for the best customer experience in the industry.
MetTel Global Cloud Network Launched to Meet Client Demand Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)
To help companies manage the challenge of protecting the ever-expanding edge, MetTel introduced its fully managed Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) solutions through a growing global network of cloud centers. SASE can be complex to deploy, requiring multiple security and network technologies. MetTel makes it easy by seamlessly integrating the individual pieces together while building upon existing investments like SD-WAN and Firewall as a Service.
Carriers are Sunsetting Copper Wire. MetTel Has the Fix.
For organizations dependent on copper wire for faxes and security or fire alarms, the sunsetting of Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) by the major carriers can cause huge business disruptions. This year, MetTel formally announced its POTS Transformation solution, which provides a low-cost, resilient digital alternative for businesses that still rely on traditional infrastructure.
MetTel Receives Industry Recognition
In 2021, MetTel’s high-performing teams across the channel, marketing, customer service, federal, and others received recognition from industry and partner organizations.
- Recently, MetTel was recognized for the eighth consecutive year as a top AT&T solution provider within AT&T’s Partner Exchange Program. MetTel won the award for the highest sales volume within AT&T’s Dedicated Internet Service (ADI) and AT&T Internet Access service lines.
- MetTel won a Gold Stevie Award for Government Sales Team of the Year in the 15th annual Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. The award recognized MetTel’s tremendous success in 2020, with the company securing $1.3 billion in government contracts.
- For their notable performance, individual employees were also recognized with two Stevie Awards for Customer Service & Call Center Individual Categories in the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. This is the seventh consecutive year MetTel has won Stevie Awards for Customer Service.
- Earlier this year, MetTel was also honored in the 2021 American Business Awards for Marketing Team of the Year for its first-ever Gartner Magic Quadrant Marketing Campaign, among other activities, and Customer Service Team of the Year for supporting a key customer’s digital transformation.
Another Successful Year
From large federal wins to helping businesses address rampant robocalls, MetTel continued to help clients drive efficiencies, reduce costs and deploy a productive workforce.
- MetTel announced it is working closely with global IT integrator SAIC to help government clients digitally transform their communications and IT infrastructure.
- We formally launched our FENS partnership with Raytheon to digitally transform the network supporting the nation’s air traffic control system for the FAA.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) selected MetTel to provide Internet Protocol Services (IPS) to help transition its IPS services to EIS contract providers.
- The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) selected MetTel to provide its integrated SD-WAN-based architecture, an EIS Task Order valued at $65 million after all options.
- MetTel announced a partnership with Geotab to offer government vehicles access to a suite of managed services that provide critical intelligence to help streamline compliance and reporting, reduce total cost of ownership and improve citizen and employee safety, as well as minimize greenhouse gas emissions.
- MetTel unveiled a unified solution that allows customers to use Microsoft Teams to enable external calling from any source, directly from the Microsoft Teams application.
- MetTel is collaborating with cloud security service solution provider RedShift Networks to help clients resolve unwanted spam and robocalls ahead of the federal mandate for carriers to comply with the upcoming FCC 2021 STIR/SHAKEN standard. CTO Ed Fox also spoke with CNN Business about the mandate.
- MetTel announced the availability of its smart Network Scout service, which uses real-time network performance analytics via the cloud to ensure uninterrupted service and better network device performance.
MetTel’s leadership team, including MetTel CTO Ed Fox, VP of Mobility & IoT Max Silber and Lori Thomas, Senior Vice President Strategic Engagement and Transformation, also contributed expert perspectives in outlets like Forbes, CIO.com, and Nasdaq.com, on topics from Mobility as a Service, SASE, and Women in STEM Careers.
If I were to bet on one prediction for 2022, it would be that organizations that can demonstrate agility and resilience in the face of unpredictable adversity will be the most successful. Together, we can overcome the most daunting business and technology challenges the year will bring as we did in 2021. On behalf of MetTel, I salute everyone that was a part of our success this year, including our leadership, employees, and our robust partner ecosystem. We are the Champions – again!