In 2021, while many companies continue to completely rethink their business models, MetTel has been celebrating another exceptional year. Today, we reached another significant milestone: for the second time in two years, we were once again recognized as a Leader in the second Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Network Services (MNS). MetTel once again appeared as the only US-based company in the Leaders Quadrant and was listed among the most advanced in “Completeness of Vision.”
Beyond the recognition from clients, this is the greatest validation a technology-based organization can receive. As the most highly trusted information source of technology research, Gartner helps companies quickly ascertain how well technology providers are executing their stated visions and how well they are performing against Gartner’s market view in its magic quadrant reports. After being under the radar of the industry media and critics, it is immensely satisfying to see MetTel consistently outperforming larger competitors such as AT&T, Verizon, Lumen/CenturyLink, NTT, BT and others, year after year.
Celebrating our 25th anniversary this year has made me reflect on how far we have come and expanded our sights on what we can achieve. From our humble beginnings working from our first official “headquarters” at a Waldorf Astoria Hotel office suite while signing up new customers up at street fairs, to embarking on a slow and methodical process to build our own network, what we initially lacked in telecom experience, we made up for with fierce determination and a vision for what could be.
It’s our commitment to core values, including placing customer satisfaction as #1, that I believe has culminated in this moment. While many companies offer technology solutions to help businesses transform their networks, our customers truly see us as extensions of their teams; trusted advisors who uniquely understand how to find the right solutions for their network challenges and see through them through difficult times like the pandemic and beyond.
Being named to the Gartner Magic Quadrant for MNS for the second year is clear proof MetTel is an undisputed leader in the industry. We add this to our long list of accomplishments, including:
- MetTel’s continued work with many of the largest commercial enterprises, such as the largest jewelry retailer in the world, the largest fintech in the world, global and national leaders in automotive, healthcare, hospitality, pharmaceuticals, retail and waste management, among others.
- Reaching over $2 billion total contract value in Federal government sales since 2020 to agencies such as GSA, DHS, VA, Social Security Administration, US Marine Corps Recruitment Command, US Navy and others after qualifying for major contracts such as GSA’s Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS), Schedule 70, and wireless contracts through FEMA and the Department of Defense (Navy Spiral 3).
- Earning the credentials to offer Federal agencies managed trusted internet protocol services (MTIPS), a strict security certification that only four companies have – AT&T, Verizon, Lumen and MetTel.
- Building a successful Mobility business that represents our fastest growing sector, attracting partnerships and recognition from the likes of AT&T, Verizon, Apple, Samsung, the City of Phoenix, Gartner, CNN Business, Forbes, FEMA and many more.
- Developing Bruin, also known to our clients as “the MetTel Portal,” which has grown into a leading telecom expense management platform, as recognized by Gartner. It’s multi-faceted capabilities now include helping companies track and gauge their energy consumption and progress toward corporate sustainability and ESG goals.
- Winning dozens of industry awards, including 20+ Stevies and American Business Awards, Internet Telephony magazine Excellence Awards, and Timmy Awards for the Most Diverse Tech Company in New York.
And yet, this is only the beginning for us. In many ways, MetTel has changed the IT communications industry by disrupting the norms and improving the options for how businesses can buy advanced and fully managed telecommunications services. Our deep understanding of the next set of transformative technologies and how they can be leveraged for our customers will continue to drive us to new heights. We look forward to continuing our incredible journey alongside our customers and partners, as we consistently redefine the industry and what an IT communications company can do.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Managed Network Services, Ted Corbett, Danellie Young, 10 November 2021.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.